They call Risotto the death dish on Masterchef – but Masterchef contestant Amir Manoly would beg to differ with this beautiful Pumpkin Risotto making full use of the amazing fresh ingredients in our food box.
Amir runs Mister Collective and is providing recipes for Food For Change and all our fresh fruit and veg box subscribers! And this month will also be doing a live demonstration exclusively for our food box subscribers!
So lets take a look at this delicious dinner!
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp fresh sage thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white wine (or water)
- 1L vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a large fry pan, add olive oil and cook onion with a pinch of salt for about 2 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and chopped sage, and cook for about 30 seconds or until fragrant but not brown.
- Add rice and cook until translucent, stirring often about 1 minute. Don’t let it brown. Deglaze with wine or water and stir.
- Add 1/4 cup of stock at a time and wait till liquid is almost absorbed before adding another 1/4 cup, stirring constantly. Repeat until there’s no stock left and rice is fully cooked
- Stir in pumpkin puree and parmesan, and cook just enough to heat the pumpkin.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. Garnish with more parmesan and sage (optional)
Again a big thanks to Amir for providing this amazing recipe for our fresh fruit and veg box subscribers, we can’t wait for the live cooking lesson! To find out more about Amir and his amazing work – be sure to check out his website Mister Collective.
And don’t forget to use code MISTERC to receive a 10% discount of your fresh food box order!Order Fresh Food Box